- Revised and posted as of: AUGUST 11, 2017
- Use of InformationOur primary goal in collecting user information is to enhance your experience on our website.To Target Content and AdvertisingTo develop and provide content and advertising to you that is targeted to your interests, we use the analytics collected by the systems described above to determine which areas of our website you prefer based upon the frequency of your visits and engagement with those areas. We may make reasonable assumptions based on your browser provided data to target relevant content and advertising to you on our site and elsewhere where we may be acting as a 3rd party. We may also make reasonable geographic and demographic assumptions based on your presented IP address to target relevant content and advertising.To enhance your experience we may provide you with interactive communications, such as notifications of activity by topic or contributor to the e-mail address that you provide to us. Such interactive communications are provided only to those users who have expressly provided us with their permission to receive them as part of their user profile.
- From time to time we may provide e-mails highlighting new features, promotions or contests on the website to those users who have expressly provided us with their permission to send such communications as part of their user profile.To Provide Communications From Third PartiesWe respect the privacy of our users and shall not disclose or distribute our user list to any third party, nor shall we permit anyone else to do so. However, we do make available for rental our list of those registrants who have expressly provided us with their permission to receive third party offers as part of their user profile. In those cases, your e-mail address will be transferred to the third party.Control of Your InformationUpon request trendingweek.co.za will provide you with information about whether we hold any of your personal information. Registered users may change the information stored in their member profile such as image, name, password, location, country and the topics and contributors they are following at any time by visiting their member profile page at https://blogs.trendingweek.co.za/account/. All users may elect to stop receiving marketing material from trendingweek.co.za or on behalf of external third party business partners by following instructions at the end of any such e-mail received.You may also request to delete your personal account if you wish to do so. Please email us at the contact information included below from the email address associated with your account. We will respond to your request within 30 business days.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.Sharing of InformationWhen you are on an area of trendingweek.co.za and are asked for personal information, you are sharing that information with Forbes.com as well as business partners and vendors providing hosting and other services for trendingweek.co.za.
In addition, if you provide any personally identifiable information via an advertiser promotion, please be aware you are directly providing your personally identifiable information to that advertiser.
- SecurityYour information is stored on trendingweek.co.za ‘s servers located in the southafrica. We use industry standard procedural and technical safeguards to protect your personal information against loss or theft as well as unauthorized access and disclosure to protect your privacy. We treat data as an asset that must be protected against loss and unauthorized access. We employ many different security techniques to protect such data from unauthorized access by users inside and outside the company. However, “perfect security” does not exist on the Internet.
- Privacy of ChildrenKids under 13: Do not send any information about yourself to us–including information such as your name, address, or e-mail address. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13. In the event that we learn we have collected any personal information from a child under the age of 13 we will delete that information from our database as quickly as possible.
- How to Contact UsIf you have any questions regarding our privacy statement, please feel free to contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. We read every message submitted and try to reply promptly to every one.